(PatriotNewsDaily.com) – Entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy who is one of the 2024 Republican presidential candidates stated on Saturday that he was “fine” with former President Donald Trump’s decision to skip the first primary debate. However, previously he had argued in May that Trump was no longer the candidate he had once been.
A reporter from Semafor claimed that Ramaswamy had said that this was going to be his opportunity to introduce himself to the U.S. and that he did not have an issue with Trump’s decision. He proceeded to note that if Trump was on the debate stage it would be “great” but if he did not join then he was also “fine” with that.
A different reporter on X, previously known as Twitter, also highlighted Ramaswamy’s previous comments from May 5th when he had stated that he expected Trump to be on the debate stage. At the time he had claimed that Trump was not someone that he knew to be afraid and he does not appear to be a “coward.”
However, he argued that if Trump did not show up in the primary debate then this would just be further proof that Trump was a different candidate now than he had been in 2016.
Ramaswamy’s communications director Tricia McLaughlin told Fox News Digital that Ramaswamy’s comments did not mark a “departure” from his previous remarks and that the upcoming debate was not the only one.
On Saturday, Ramaswamy once again said during an interview on “Fox News Live” that he was “OK” with Trump not attending the first few primary debates.
Copyright 2023, PatriotNewsDaily.com