Liberals Turn On Their Favorite Democrat

Photo by Chris Grafton on Unsplash

( – A recent Inside California Politics/Emerson College poll, released on Monday, revealed that a majority of voters in California believe Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) should step down. According to the poll, 63 percent of California voters expressed the view that Feinstein, who is 89 years old, should resign and allow California Governor Gavin Newsom (D) to select a replacement who would serve the remainder of her term. Conversely, 37 percent of voters believed that Feinstein should continue serving until the end of her term.

The same poll indicated that Feinstein had an approval rating of 22 percent among voters, while 48 percent of voters disapproved of her performance. Thirty-one percent of respondents did not express a definitive opinion.

Feinstein has faced significant criticism in recent months, with numerous individuals calling for her resignation due to her extended absence from the Senate as a result of health issues she experienced earlier this year, including shingles and encephalitis. Concerns have also been raised about her potential memory loss, as she previously displayed confusion when Vice President Kamala Harris cast a tie-breaking vote.

Several Democratic lawmakers, such as Representative Ro Khanna (CA), have also voiced their support for Feinstein’s resignation. In February, Feinstein announced that she would not seek reelection in 2024 but intended to serve until the end of her current term.

The poll also inquired about the Democratic voters’ preferences in the Democratic primary for Feinstein’s seat. Among registered Democratic voters, 23 percent expressed support for Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA), 22 percent favored Representative Katie Porter (D-CA), and 10 percent backed Representative Barbara Lee (D-CA). The remaining voters remain undecided.

Copyright 2023,