Trump: Iran Will Pay a “BIG PRICE” for Orchestrating Attack on U.S. Embassy

After a mob stormed the gates of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday, President Trump issued a message to Iran leaving no doubt about his administration’s determination to hold the Islamic Republic to account for their involvement in the violence.

“Iran will be held fully responsible for lives lost, or damage incurred, at any of our facilities,” Trump tweeted. “They will pay a very BIG PRICE! This is not a Warning, it is a Threat. Happy New Year!”

Trump, along with the U.S. State Department, has laid the blame for the embassy violence at Iran’s doorstep, insisting that the Iraqi Shiite militia members who broke into the compound are funded and supported by the IRGC. While there were no reports of casualties emanating from the attack and the U.S. has confirmed that both our troops and our diplomats are safe, the U.S. plans to send in more military reinforcement to defend the embassy from any further attacks.

The breach occurred a day after U.S. airstrikes killed 25 fighters belonging to Kateab Hezbollah, an Iranian-backed militia thought to be responsible for rocket attacks that killed an American contractor last week.

“Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!” Trump tweeted.

In a statement, White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said that President Trump was closely monitoring the Middle East developments from his home in Florida.

“As the president said, Iran is orchestrating this attack, and they will be held fully responsible,” said Grisham. “It will be the president’s choice how and when we respond to their escalation.”

In remarks to the media at Mar-a-Lago, President Trump was quick to limit any comparisons between this event and the Libyan tragedy that unfolded under Obama’s watch.

“It’s been handled very well,” Trump said. “The Marines came in. We had some great warriors come in; they did a fantastic job. They were there instantaneously, as soon as we heard. They came immediately. It’s in great shape. This will not be a Benghazi. Benghazi never should have happened. This will never, ever be a Benghazi. As soon as we saw there was a potential for a problem, they got in.”

Well, yeah. This is what happens when you put actual leaders in charge of our foreign policy and not asleep-at-the-wheel leftists who are more concerned with covering for Islamic terrorism than protecting American lives and assets. If you ever wanted a study in contrasts, look no further than Benghazi and this week’s attack in Baghdad. Trump, Defense Secretary Mark Esper, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo are adults who understand the way of the world. That makes all the difference.


About admin