Well, if a new poll from YouGov.com is any indication, the left-wing media, the Democrats, and all of their interrelated groups have done a bang-up job of turning young Americans against their own country. If patriotism wasn’t dead already, one look at the results of this poll – which in part says that today’s young Americans see the U.S. flag as a “sign of intolerance and hatred” – should convince you that its demise is coming soon enough.
According to the poll, which was conducted on behalf of the Foundation for Liberty and American Greatness, Americans under the age of 38 (Generation Z and Millennials) have a wide-ranging and deep disdain for the principles and symbols of this amazing nation.
“Younger Americans are becoming unmoored from the institutions, knowledge, and spirit traditionally associated with American patriotism,” the survey report said.
The Washington Examiner published a highlight (?) of the survey results:
- Half of those surveyed believe the United States is sexist (50 percent) and racist (49 percent).
- American exceptionalism is on the decline–46 percent of younger Americans do not agree that “America is the greatest country in the world.”
- 38 percent of younger Americans do not agree that “America has a history that we should be proud of.”
- One in eight (14 percent) of Millennials agree that “America was never a great country and it never will be.”
- 46 percent of younger Americans agree that “America is more racist than other countries.”
- 84 percent of Americans do not know the specific rights enumerated in the First Amendment.
- 19 percent of Millennials believe that the American flag is “a sign of intolerance and hatred.”
- 44 percent of younger Americans believe Barack Obama had a “bigger impact” on America than George Washington, the nation’s first president.
As sad as these results are, the sadder part is how utterly unsurprised we were to read them. What else COULD these young Americans think? What else could they believe? They’ve been indoctrinated from the moment they joined their kindergarten classes to hate this country. And the indoctrination has only gotten worse in recent years. Yeah, it’s a little crazy for us to see that last thing – Obama vs. George Washington – but there you have it. That’s the media. That’s just pig-ugly, stupefying ignorance, brought about by a school system that refuses to teach American greatness.
But really, none of this is all that shocking, because it’s just so predictable.